Friday, September 2, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering...

...we are still alive.

I realized this morning that it has been a full two weeks since I posted anything and I thought:
  1. Whoa...that was the quickest two weeks ever! Where does the time go?!
  2. I hope people don't think anything was happening with Libby after her tonsillectomy.
  3. I don't have time to sit down to post anything!
Can I just say, keeping an almost-three-year-old busy for two weeks AND starting to make the transition to fall is hard work! Especially when you head back to work for 6 days straight!

So sometime this weekend, I promise that I'll get a real post or two up. (I kind of have too...Holly @ Fresh Picked is beating me in the cumulative number of posts this year.) I have worked on them here and there when I have a free moment at home or at work but I can't seem to finalize any of them. There is a whole list of titles just waiting to be finished:
  • "The Art of Convalescence"
  • "What Was I Thinking?!"
  • "Sunday Dinner"
  • "Spa Day"
  • "Two Monkeys at the Zoo"
  • "Because Holly Told Me To" and
  • "The Great Minnesota Get Together Part 1"
After tonight, there will be another to add to the cue..."The Great Minnesota Get Together Part 2". Libby and I are hurriedly tidying up the house for visitors tomorrow so that we can escape to the state fair for another evening of indulgence in things like Vegie Fries and corn dogs and Sweet Corn Ice Cream with caramel bacon sauce and $1 All You Can Drink milk. She is in fact right behind me as I am typing telling the imaginary chickens she is collecting eggs from (she is improvising with ribbon spools) that she needs to put them down for a nap so she can go ride Max her purple horse. Oh...and I just got handed a baby chick to watch over while she takes her eggs to the market. That girl has got an imagination!

So I am off to finish cleaning my mess of a room, to finish some goodie bags for a little girls birthday party next week, and to otherwise keep busy until Uncle Jonah and Poppy are done with work and are ready to head to the fair.

Check back later!

love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment