Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Great Minnesota Get-Together Part 2

On the Friday before Labor Day, we again hopped on a bus bound for the State Fair, but this time with Poppy and Uncle Jonah. Oh Libby...she was sure excited to be going to the "Sair" again...could hardly wait for Uncle Jonah to be done with work so we could go.
The second trip of the year is always feels more relaxed to me. Maybe it's because I'm there with other people who can help keep an eye on and entertain Libby. Maybe it's because I've re-oriented myself to where things (most specifically, food) is. I don't know. Regardless, I always have just as much fun on the second trip as I did on the first.

Some more highlights...

Libby had two missions on our return trip to the fair.
Mission #1: Have a 'smore.
Mission accomplished.
Mission #2: Ride her carousel horse, the one she named Max and had already ridden on twice before.
Mission accomplished. (Apparently it was one of Grammy's missions too.)

Oh my little girl, how she loves the rides. Especially when riding with her goofy Poppy.
Can anyone say future biker chick?


We took in a show, ate some good food, partook in a craft project, visited the barns, and did A LOT of walking around. 'Cuz really, that's what the fair is all about.
Junior Brown and his "guit-steel."
Leprechaun legs. I felt a little luckier after eating those.
Was that ice cream cone thoroughly enjoyed or what?!

This pretzel dog on a stick was so good we went back for seconds.

Spin art with Uncle Jonah.
I had to put in this picture because honestly, doesn't it look like these sheep are in wrestling uniforms?
Libby got everyone involved in her new passion.

And we discovered this...
It's the Libby Conference Center. Who knew?!
And to finish (although there are a TON more pictures) a few things you're likely to only see at the Minnesota State Fair. It's 'cuz we're awesome here.
Seed art. I never knew about this before this year either. Next year Jonah and I are entering the competition.




Strawberry rhubarb malt enjoyed with all the Princess Kay of the Milky Way butter heads.

And a family photo op with the (slightly) creepy gopher.
love always, Kendra

P.S. This was the company I had going home. They were REAL talkative.
I guess the fair has a way of wearing you out.






0 comments:

Post a Comment