I took advantage of my extra time off and indulged in some foodie moments. I was fine with Libby having bowl upon bowl of Lipton Noodle Soup, but that just wasn't going to suffice for this mama.
One night I grilled half a head of romaine and topped it with a nice little piece of citrusy salmon. Have you ever grilled romaine before?! I hadn't, but believe you me it is something I will do again.
The next night I decided that I was making Sunday dinner. Last minute trips to the grocery store for needed ingredients, text invites to Grammy and Poppy and Uncle Andy (who would never turn down a home-cooked meal), and a recipe recommendation from Sarah at work and I was cooking away.
Made me a little Peach Whiskey Barbeque Chicken courtesy of the Pioneer Woman. Paired it with some cream cheese smashed potatoes and super fresh grilled corn on the cob from the Minneapolis Farmers Market. It was a heavenly meal. Delicious. A meal fit for a cowboy king.
The was the only picture I got of the whole dinner event, and it's not even a very good one. But the chicken was so dang good, I wasn't gonna take an extra second to take any more photos. And the company so engaging (when our mouths weren't full) that I didn't even think about the camera at my side.
Made me wish I made more of a fuss about having Sunday dinner. It's good for the cook's soul (and their patrons) to have an excuse to put a little extra love into a meal every once in awhile. And it's so important in this day and age to sit down as a family and take the time to be together and enjoy the company of those you love. Nourishing for the body and the mind.
Here's to making a promise that Sunday Dinner's become a little more routine at our sweet little house.
love always,
Kendra
Monday, September 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment