Little girls like Libby who get a kick out of having their nails painted.
I thought about it when I was making up our convalescence to-do list. What could be better than a pedicure to keep my little munckin engaged and sitting still?!
When we first showed up, Libby was more than a little apprehensive. I think she just wasn't sure what was happening. Thank goodness for her spa girl giving her a tiara and a fuzzy pink bathrobe to put on, because after that she was anything but anxious.
They let the spa 'princess' choose the flavors for their ice cream pedicure. Libby chose a vanilla scented fizzy bath ball...vanilla scented sugar foot scrub...and vanilla scented lotion. For a girl who loves chocolate almost as much as her mama, the vanilla ice cream pedicure was a little different.
It was fun watching Libby discover the joys of a pedicure. She sat on her ice cream sundae throne, decked out in princess gear, waving at people walking by the windows and looking in.
| Too cute right?! |
Her soak was followed by a hot towel wrap with the sugar scrub, then foot and leg massage with her chosen lotion. The relaxed smile on her face was too cute. Let's hope she doesn't start asking for foot massages on a regular basis.
Finally, it was time to get her nails painted. She got to keep the nail file they "tickled" her toes with and pick and keep the nailpolish she wanted. Oh what a kid friendly assortment of colors the presented her with. It took awhile to choose, but before long she was having her nails painted glittery teal blue. It looked quite fancy.
| Our spa girl was perfect, talking to her about her favorite princesses and animals. |
And oh she loved showing off her beautiful toe nails and soft feet. Not that I blame her...I think I did the same thing a few months ago. Next time we visit Scoops, it's going to be for a mommy and me pedicure...I want a tiara to wear too!
love always, Kendra
0 comments:
Post a Comment