Saturday, June 18, 2011

Photo Op

Mamarazzi is inspiring me. Every page I read just has me itching to grab my camera and start snapping photos of my baby love. And while I know that I should read the whole book so I have a better idea of how to set my shutter speed and white balance my shot and remember exactly what aperture is and what it does, I just can't help myself. Sometimes I just have to put it down and shoot!

I've decided that's okay, because sometimes, even without knowing everything the book has to teach me, I can still get a decent shot.
Thursday, with the help of this book, Nicole, Libby, and I headed toward downtown Minneapolis for a walk that would hopefully have some good scenery for snapping a few pictures. We were most definitely not disappointed. Despite living in Minneapolis for a couple of years, I had never been down to the Stone Arch bridge and the surrounding parks. Can you believe that all this history and beauty is smack dab in the middle of the city?!
Overlooking Father Hennepin Bluffs park on one side of the bridge.
Mill City Ruins' Park, on the other side of the bridge.
Just another reason to love this town. We wandered across the bridge, catching sight of gigantic carp and blue herons in the water, feeling the spray of water from St. Anthony Falls, watching the Minneapolis Queen make her way through the locks. We decided then and there that we would come back to take a tour through the Mill City museum. We wandered up the river to the Hennepin Ave. bridge, learning about Minneapolis history as the sun decided to make an appearance. We had to sneak past the Nicollet Island Pavilion, knowing that time was running out before this mama had to go to work. And through it all we managed to get a few good pictures.
Libby with the falls in the background.
Libby tried to sneak off so she could go ride on the boat.


This town...it's amazing! If you've never been here, you really should come visit. And even if you have been here before, maybe it's time you come again. Libby and I have some new favorite places (including the Stone Arch Bridge) that we'd love to show you!
love always,
Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment