Saturday, June 18, 2011

Annie

It was a rainy day here in the Cities. As in overcast, thunder and lighting type rainy.

But it's all good because, as Annie will tell you, "The sun'll come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun!" Libby will tell you the same thing. At least once a day as she belts out the song at the top of her little lungs. Pretty sure there is nothing more adorable than her serenading you from her car seat with "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, it's only a daaaaaayyyy aaa-waaaayyyy!"

So even though today was rainy (and according to the forecast tomorrow will be too), our sweet little slice of life was full of sunshine in the form of Libby's first ever trip to the theater. I'm not talking movie theater...I'm talking stage and lights, make-up and costumes,  programs and intermission, raise the curtain live musical theater. 
Thank goodness for us they extended the play date by a week!
Yep, today was the day mama, Grammy, and Auntie Nicole took the musical loving Libby to see Annie. Oh she was so excited! I've had the tickets for weeks (although I temporarily lost them in my attempt to put them someplace where I wouldn't forget...laugh all you like, you know you've done it too!) but didn't let Libby know. I couldn't have handled the repeated "Go see Annie now?" that she would have asked multiple times a day. Yes, today was definitely the day!
Sweet little Miss L waited patiently all morning until it was time to get dressed to go. She helped pull on her new socks, donned her sparkly red shoes, screamed to let me know that no, she wasn't going to put on an undershirt, brushed her hair, stuck in her new flower clip, and added the piece de resistance. Everyone: meet Libby Annie.
How proud she was of her new dress. How excited to be going to see Annie. She sang to us on the drive to the Minneapolis Children's Theatre. "Let's go to the movies...let's go see the staa-aaa-ars." And, considering that it was her first ever time to the theater and that's she only two, she was the perfect audience member. She sat quietly on Grammy's lap and clapped enthusiastically at the end of every song. It was the cutest darn thing ever! She was entranced, taking it all in.

After the show, she waited in line patiently to have her program autographed. It made this mama cry, seeing her clutching her new "Sandy dog" with a great big grin gracing her face, meeting the cast members. When we came to the cast member who played Annie, she gave her a thorough look-over, noticing the different shoe color, her red hair. It was almost as good as the look she got from Annie, who looked at this teeny tiny little girl in her very own Annie dress with shocked delight. Well really, the entire cast did. And Libby loved every minute of it. Well, except for having to walk past Miss Hannigan...she was a little scared of Miss Hannigan.


The icing on the cake was the final cast member she got to meet. I am amazed that we even got her to come home with us. Because while meeting Annie, one of her first musical heroes, was pretty darn cool in her two year old world, meeting Annie's dog Sandy was a flippin' dream come true.
I think Sandy was pretty psyched to meet Libby too. Just sayin'.
You're never fully dressed without a smile!
Keep checkin' back. One of these days I'm hoping to get her on video singing "Tomorrow." But until then, relax and remember to enjoy every day, rain or shine, hot or cold. And if by chance you do get stuck with a day, that's gray and lonely, just stick up your chin and grin and say...the sun'll come out, tomorrow! So I gotta hang on 'til tomorrow. Come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. It's always a day away!
love always,
Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment