The conditions were just right. Cool weather, prompting little girls to play inside. A distracted mama. A baby needing a bath. All occurring at the same time.
It started like this...
I was in the guest bedroom, converting the bed frame to a full size bed when I stepped on a tiny shard of glass with of course, my bare feet. I walked around on it for a minute or two before I realized that I should check it out, only to discover a bloody cut with a shard of glass sticking out. Ouch! So I sat down in the bathroom to clean and bandage that sucker...well, after removing it.
Unbeknownst to me, it was about this time when Libby apparently decided that one of her baby dolls needed a bath. And since mama was busy in the bathroom, she pulled the stool up to the kitchen sink and proceeded to give baby a bath. Stuck the stopper in the drain, started up the water, and poured a quarter of a bottle of dish soap in. Followed by baby.
And she never turned the water off.
I was standing in front of the linen closet searching for a tube of Neosporin when the sound of running water registered in my brain. A quick "what is she doing now?!" crossed my mind before I hobbled to the kitchen. Turned the corner to discover this...
Thank goodness my camera was sitting on the sewing desk next to the kitchen door.
Libby couldn't quite figure out why I ran across the kitchen to turn of the water stuttering "Wha...wha...WHAT are you doing?!" as I went. (So much for the fresh bandaid I'd just put on my foot.) She never did have a good answer when I asked her why she didn't turn off the water when she felt it hitting her toes.
And for posterity's sake, I snapped a few more pictures. There were bubbles overflowing. Water everywhere. One very clean baby floating in the sink. And a little girl soaked through.
| The water flooded down the counter all the way to that far wall. |
| I don't know that any part of PJ's were dry. This is post slipping on the water. |
At first I just tried to clean it up with a mop, figuring this was as good a time as any to clean the kitchen floor. Except I don't have a mop you can wring out. Towels were out of the question. Thank goodness for a hand-me-down Wet/Dry ShopVac from Uncle Rick. It saved the day.
And the kitchen got very clean while Libby got a talking too about why we are not allowed to use the kitchen sink unless there is an adult around.
Her only response..."I need to take a bath now. I all dirty...and wet!"
Yeah, I don't THINK so!
love always, Kendra
0 comments:
Post a Comment