If you'd stopped by our house last Wednesday, this is what you would have caught a glimpse of:
Libby in her retro pink bike helmet...
sitting on her little red Radio Flyer...
her mama behind her instructing "push down on this foot...then this foot" as she stood bent behind her pushing down on each leg with each repetitive step.
I'm a single parent, which makes me both mom and dad. A little less time for me, and lots more time for her. Lots of time for playing and singing and snuggling. And, like on Wednesday, teaching her the things she needs to know.
That was her first bike riding lesson (if you don't count the one she saw on Sesame Street).
It only took one lesson.
My two year, seven month, and twenty-five day old only needed one lesson to figure out how to do this:
I'd like to claim that I'm just a very innovative, thorough teacher. Not gonna lie, by the end of our first lesson we really had made no progress. So when Grammy, Poppy, and Uncle Jonah were over later that afternoon we were really just going to show them how Libby "rode" her bike, with mama's assistance. Instead, she climbed up on that little red Radio Flyer tricycle and pedaled away. Her Grammy cried. So did her mama once she got over the initial shock. (I really wasn't expecting her to pedal away...as evidenced by the slippered feet and lack of a helmet!)
We're still working on the finer points...steering, keeping our feet positioned straight so they doesn't bump the front wheel, steering, riding up slight (very slight) inclines, steering. One thing she has down, no problem: riding backwards. She rides forward a little, back a little, forward a little, back a little, like a car who's driver doesn't know how to parallel park.
It's adorable.
That being said I just want to tell you how much I am loving being Libby's mama, watching her grow and learn and be so dang cute. I am so truly lucky...so very blessed.
Also loving having this lady as my long lost twin, her little boy "Yibby's fend (friend) Channing", and playdates where the moms have as much fun (if not more) as the little ones.
But really, who wouldn't love a playground of inflatable goodness?
love always, Kendra
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment