Oh man...it's been over two weeks since I posted! No good, I tell you, no good! Not sure how I am supposed to fit two weeks of our sweet little life into one little post, but I'm gonna try. (And I'm gonna try to do it before Libby wakes up!)
Raising Cinderella:
So, I'm torn between whether or not Libby is just trying really hard to be independent, likes to mimic what her mama does, or if I am turning her into my own personal Cinderella. Not that I'm calling out to her "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly, make the fire, fix the breakfast, wash the dishes, do the mopping, and the sweeping and the dusting" to always keep her hopping, like the Evil Stepmother or anything. She is rather insistent on doing the dusting...and the toilet cleaning...and more. I just let her "help." We had a week of Libby as Cinderella. She went grocery shopping. She helped clean the house. She made her own breakfast (twice!) and lunch.
Locked Up:
The Roommate:
Auntie Nicole moved in to the spare bedroom for the summer. Libby (and her mama) is very excited. It takes everything in her not to go straight into Auntie 'Cole's bedroom first thing in the morning.
Egg Dye:
For as crafty as my munchkin is, she turned Easter egg dying into a race. Just who can get the most eggs dyed in the shortest amount of time? Turns out, Libby can. She made sure though that everyone was included in the process, handing out eggs to each of us for a turn. The rest of us took our time, trying to out-do each other in the decorating process, and we ended up with a whole lot of pretty eggs (and a few ugly ones.)
Easter Bunny Poop:
The Missing Daycare Lady:
We lost our daycare lady last week. Went to drop Libby off twice and no one was home. The phone, when called, said "This number is no longer in service." Resulted in some scrambling to find someone who could watch the munchkin on such short notice but we managed to get it all worked out. I got a call on Thursday from our daycare lady. She was on jury duty and somehow we didn't get the notification OR reminder notes. As for the phone, the cell company changed her number when she changed her plan. Pain in the neck!
The Runaway:
| (Sorry it's a little blurry!) |
Wednesday night I'm doing the dishes when Libby catches my attention. She's standing in the doorway in her new hat, new Tinkerbell backpack packed and on her shoulders, and shoes on. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Oh hi Libby! Where are you going?
Libby: Yibby go 'way.Me: Are you running away?
Libby: Umm, yesh. Keys pees.
Me: You want my car keys?!
Libby: Yesh. Yibby go fo drive.
Me: (laughing) Oh really? Well here you go.
Libby: Yank you! Door pees mama."Not sure where she ever learned about the concept of running away, and I am definitely not sure what I did to provoke it, but my 2 1/2 year old decided that's what she was going to do. Just turns out she can't do most of it without her mama's help. She made it halfway down the back walkway when our neighbor Sean, out grilling in her backyard, saw her and called out "Hi!" It was enough to get her turned around and running back into the house.
Saturday my Grandma Flossie turned 90! So to celebrate we drove up to Bemidji for the weekend for the wonderful birthday party my Aunt Sue planned for her. A good time was had by all. We stayed at the hotel, giving Libby ample time to swim (and ample time to discover that she is once again afraid of the water). We caught up with the friends and family who had traveled from as far as Florida and California to celebrate. We ate some good food. And we celebrated at Grandma Flossie's birthday party, where she reveled in the companionship of those she loves the most. (On a side note, we also woke up to snow on May 1st...really?!) It was great to see Grandma enjoying herself so much. Libby was so excited to go to "Ponma Yossie's house" and sing her "Happy Birthday." She also enjoyed meeting her third cousin Kevin, who is now her biggest fan. We're thinking we need to plan a trip to visit him in Florida sometime next winter.
Tangled:
Libby was supposed to get the movie Tangled for Easter, however the little rascal found it before the Easter Bunny's arrival. So, ever since she found it, she has watched it at least once every day. She loves that movie! Sits enraptured through most of it, laughs at the Max the horse, and sings along to the songs (as much as she is able.) Last night we were watching it before bed. Around 9:30 I told her it was time to turn it off and go to bed and my TWO YEAR OLD turned to me and asked "Where you hoo-man-it-tee mama?!" (Where is your humanity mama?) I was momentarily stunned speechless, which turned out be a good thing as it gave me the opportunity to realize that "Where is your humanity?" is a line from the movie. I mean really?! My sweet little girl is turning into...her mama! I did the same thing to my mom when I was that age, saying "You old killjoy" to her when she turned off Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella or whatever movie "You old killjoy" is a line in. As my dad says, it's "karma kiddo." Lord help me.
So, for those of you who have managed to read your way through ALL of that (I know it was a lot...sorry!) those are the highlights of the last two weeks of our sweet little life. As busy as it's been, it's wonderful! Here's hoping I get back to the blog a little sooner next time.
love always, Kendra
0 comments:
Post a Comment