Monday, May 9, 2011

Indulge

indulge: to allow oneself to enjoy the pleasure of; to yield to, satisfy, or gratify; to take unrestrained pleasure in

Today I indulged. And can I just say, it was heavenly.

Mother's Day treated me well. Libby bought me a Nutcase bike helmet (what can I say, I love my brain!) that matches her own and a pink bike bell for the new bike I bought. My parents pre-ordered this amazing new book for me that I have been coveting. A pink one complete with all the accessories! Mid-June can't come soon enough...I jokingly told Holly one day that I need one book for each of my current passions: home decor ideas, scrapbooking ideas, foodie things, quotes and pictures, a journal, and other miscellaneous uses. And my wonderful cousin Andy gave me a card where he told me I was doing a great job raising Libby and a gift for...

a mani/pedi!!!

So today I indulged. I had my first manicure and pedicure since before Libby was born. We're talking at least three years folks. And it was so wonderful. While the hand massage and skin treatments did little to help my dry, cracked hands (courtesy of all that alcohol hand foam we nurses like to bathe in), I enjoyed every minute of the pampering Ruby showered upon them. And the pedicure...oooohhhhhhh. Who wouldn't enjoy a hot water soak, a drool inducing foot and calf rub, and the relaxing movements of the massage chair?! I mean really!

Me and my "Lincoln Park After Dark" finger- and toe-nails didn't just walk out of Daisy nails...we floated out on a pampered cloud. I'm so gonna have to do that again...soon. (Thanks Andy!)

Soft as a baby's bottom.
love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment