My oh my how time does fly!
Today, my baby girl is exactly 2 1/2 years old. Seems like just last month that I was carrying her around in my belly reading Dr. Seuss to her. Seems like it was just last week that she lay swaddled up in a hospital bassinet sporting a crocheted pink hat. Seems like it was just yesterday she was taking her first wobbly steps across the living room with a wild, wide smile on her beautiful face. There is no way that she could be two and a half already, could there?!
My oh my how time does fly!
Somewhere, somehow my tiny baby girl managed to turn into a toddler. A very precocious, mischievous, adventurous, all-other-words-ending-in-ous beautiful little girl. A little girl who loves to sing and dance, who loves to clean and help cook, who loves animals and painting and rain boots and hugs and her uncles and "Blue" and swimming and thousands of other little things. A little girl who in two and a half short, blink-and-you-miss-it years has provided me with a million memories to lock in my heart and more love than I could have ever imagined. I am so proud to call her mine.
Yesterday she informed her grammy that she was having a (half) "birfday potty"...information relayed to me by text while I worked. And so preparation began for an impromptu, very merry half birthday party. Why not celebrate? After all, it isn't every day you turn two and a half.
And so, after a quick trip to the store for a birthday present and a cake we celebrated Libby's half birthday with dinner out...her choice. No surprise, she chose noonles. Chinese noonles to be exact, at her favorite local buffet where the cute little Asian waitresses wait on her hand and foot...and yes, where she mooned the world.
She stuffed herself (quite literally) with food...she was sung (half) of the birthday song...she was gifted by her mama and Grammy and Poppy, who joined us in celebration. And it was wonderful! I think we may have started a new family tradition.
My dear sweet Elisabeth Shirleen, a very merry half birthday to you! Thank you for the love and the memories of the last two and a half years...I can't wait to make more. Let's start tomorrow. I love you more than you can possibly imagine. Love, Mama
| Pinkie attacked the cupcake when I wasn't looking. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment