Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Good Ol' Hockey Game

It has been a whirlwind of a weekend. An exhilarating, exhausting whirlwind weekend deserving of not one, but two separate posts. So here goes...

Hockey is kind of a big deal in Minnesota. North Dakota too. And hockey fans are truly loyal to their favorite team...for life. I am a born and raised University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux fan. They kick butt when it comes to hockey, currently holding 7 NCAA Championship titles.

This past weekend was the WCHA league championship, held every year in good ol' St. Paul. And like any good fans, we go to cheer them on to victory. This is Libby's second year going, and I'm pretty sure it's going to become a tradition. Like I told Holly, that girl will miss school to go see the Fighting Sioux when they are playing in the league championship series.  It's just how it's going to be.

She is being trained to be a very good Lil' Sioux Fan. She screams "Go Sioux!" and "Sioux Yeah Yeah" and even a kiddie version of "Sieve, Sieve, Sieve" complete with the pointing arm. It totally rocks. I really should get it on video. In addition to the cheering, she dresses the part of cutest Sioux fan EVER.

Her mama somehow found the time to make her that tutu.
 Friday night we ventured out to what turned out to be one good ol' hockey game (although as good as it was, it paled in comparison to Saturday nights championship game) and rooted the Fighting Sioux onto a very sweet victory. Good times were had by all, especially Miss Libby.


WCHA #1 Seed

Libby kept "Shh"-ing us as it interrupted hockey.



Ran in to Aunt Tabby at the game.

It was an amazingly good game. Both Colorado College and UND played hard. I don't think any Sioux fan in that arena sat down for the last two minutes of the period, when CC pulled their goalie in an attempt to tie it up. It didn't work, and sweet victory was soon ours, followed by a double overtime goal on Saturday night to win the WCHA Championship. I have a feeling all of Libby's cheering played a big part. I'm not kidding, best little Sioux fan EVER.
All that cheering wore her out.


love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment