Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 1: Part 2

Libby and I split our first Disney day into two parts.
Part 1: Animal Kingdom
Part 2: Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow...

...say what? Yeah, EPCOT is a whole lot easier. When we were planning our Disney World day, I went back and forth between Animal Kingdom vs. Epcot vs. Hollywood Studios. The Magic Kingdom was never an option. Long, long ago, I made a promise to my parents that they could be the first ones to take Libby to Disney Land when she is 5. It's the start of a tradition...my grandma Flossie took me to California for 2 weeks when I was 5, and Disney Land was one of our pit stops. I've been there twice now; Disney World once. The rest of my family, my parents and they boys...they have yet to go. And while my mom told me it was fine if I took Libby to the Magic Kingdom, I am holding tight to that promise because I am the one who knows that the 'official' Kingdom is the one you really fall in love with. And because we have tentative plans to celebrate Christmas there as a whole family unit when Libby is old enough. It will be epic.

So anyway, getting back on track, I knew going into it that Epcot wasn't supposed to be the most kid friendly. But Libby wanted to have a Princess Dinner, and the only place they have one outside of the Magic Kingdom is Epcot, so that's where we went. The lack of kids rides was okay...my little peanut wanted to nothing to do with those rides, like I mentioned a post ago. What worked out in our favor? The many, many, MANY characters who make their home there. Libby was all about meeting the characters.

She had to get her autograph book filled out after all.

We had a wonderful afternoon strolling through Future World and the World Showcase. Our ride tally for the afternoon: three. I got her into the clam shell seat of The Seas with Nemo and Friends before she realized it was a ride, had her strapped into the car of Journey Into Imagination with Figment before she could change her mind, and was able to get her to agree to the Three Caballeros Gran Fiesta boat ride...albeit begrudgingly. She still claims that was the scariest...all because there was a distant volcano painted on the wall. Not sure where she even learned about them, but girl is AFRAID of volcanoes.

L-R, top to bottom: Family picture after Turtle Talk with Crush (he is one funny dude); the oh-so-scary Gran Fiesta Tour; Spaceship Earth, a view of France...from England; Libby's attempt at taking a picture of me in a phone booth; the Bruns Girls in front of Spaceship Earth at night; Akerhus Princess Storybook Dining; my lil' Viking posing with a troll in Norway; Nemo and Friends
Libby donned her Rapunzel dress and crown for her dinner with the Princesses. When the host called out for "the royal Bruns family," she stepped up to him and curtsied. Yeah, that's my princess. There is a video of it but it's dark and short, so I won't post. The gesture illicited an insanely loud "Awww" from the crowd...and may very well have caused the young man playing host to fall in love with her. She thoroughly enjoyed herself, but again was too distracted by the characters to eat much. Her favorite part was the princess parade.

We made a quick stop at Downtown Disney after Epcot so we could do a little shopping. We didn't stay long, since the Princess was getting tired. I knew when she declined my offer of Disney themed Mr. PotatoHead accessories and all other toys that she was about shot. She did however ask for a Mickey Hat...the Princess one of course. Followed by a ride on the carousel. The ride-highlight of her trip and it wasn't even in a Disney park! Oh my girl...she loves a good carousel.

By the time we made it back to our hotel, we were both exhausted. Probably a good thing, as it's most likely the only reason we were able to sleep knowing what the next day had in store.

Check back to find out more about it...and see some more pictures of course. If you aren't too sick of them already.

love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment