The past few weeks have been a combination of insanely hot, deliriously humid, and all-around crazy. When a rainstorm can pop up out of nowhere and dump 3 inches of rain in a under an hour, you know things are kind of wacky.
It has been interesting to say the least.
Earlier this week I realized that while most of Minnesota has been suffering in this heat and humidity, the grass in my yard has been loving it.
I mean LOVING it. But I guess when you're forced to grow in rainforest like conditions, you can't help but take on some jungle-esque qualities.
Welcome to the jungle...
I am convinced it was the sight of the aforementioned jungle that struck fear so deep into the heart of my hand-me-down lawn mower that it caused it to die.
Granted, this old thing has definitely seen better days. I mean, the recoil start handle snaps every other time I go to start it and the wheels wobble. The blade can't even cut completely straight. But she is always ready for another go round after you give her a little TLC.
Until Thursday when I went out to level the jungle and she just wouldn't start. She was dead. And since Mother Nature is to blame for the ridiculously high rate of grass growth, I have decided that she is to blame for the death of my Murray.
I'll tell you what though...the jungle didn't seem to phase this guy.
Meet my new Lawn Boy.
Poppy went to Home Depot for a spark plug and stumbled upon this refurbished little number. It's this year's model, but had to get sent back to the manufacturer for some minor issue. Came back to the store good as new, but $100 cheaper than the other. Except somehow this one got marked down $150, a price the salesperson promised he would honor if a purchase was made then and there. So, being a smart and frugal guy, Poppy bought it.
It's a little green monster. Starting the engine is easier than sending a warm knife through butter...it's self-propelled...cuts like a high quality razor. Not totally quiet, but quiet enough that Libby isn't afraid of it and I can hear her when she's talking to me from across the yard. It's perfect.
| BEFORE |
| AFTER |
love always, Kendra
0 comments:
Post a Comment