I have a whole belated 4th of July post to be working on, but the pictures from the long weekend are spread out over 3 cameras, some of which are not in my possession, so it will have to wait another day or two. Here's hoping everyone had a wonderful 4th!
Instead of working on housework and blog posts tonight, Libby and I decided to make a quick DQ run. Actually, the bike is back (yay!) so it was a quick DQ ride. Sans camera...sorry!
As I struggled to make it home (I never fully appreciated how much extra weight a bike trailer + kid added) I had to wonder:
If one makes the effort to exercise on the way to and from DQ (i.e. bike riding up and down multiple inclines) does this negate the calories consumed while at DQ?
Just wondering.
Libby quite enjoyed our DQ trip. It came after bath time, so she was decked out in her purple pj's (we have had an obsession with 'popple pommies' lately) and dragging along her blankie "Blue" despite the 80+ degree temps. She interrogated everyone who walked by our table as to what kind of ice cream treat they were carrying and telling them whether or not she liked what they had. Nothing anyone had beat out her strawberry shake with 'yip reem and no cherrerry' though...except bites of cookie dough from her mama's Oreo Cookie Jar Blizzard. And Andre (the owner of the Robbinsdale DQ) always adds the extra stuff without charging you for it, so there was plenty of cookie dough bits for me to share with Libby...or so she told me!
I'm pretty sure it was Libby serenading me with songs like Tomorrow and Ring Around the Rosie that gave me the willpower to make it home. And now that we're here, I think it's time for bed for a little one and some relaxation for her mama.
love always, Kendra
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment