(aka The Crazy Buffet Story)
Sometime in the midst of our lazy weekend, I came to the shocking realization that I totally forgot to share one of the best Libby antics to date. And so, to give everyone a good laugh and more importantly to have a permanent record of the "episode" when Libby is older, I will share with you now.
It was a Wednesday. I promised Libby when I dropped her off at daycare that we could go to the "noonle pace" (Libby speak for the noodle place, or the local Chinese buffet) for dinner. We picked up Poppy and met cousin Andy and Grammy there. As always, Libby was in heaven. She got to have soup, she got to have noodles, and she got to have pop. Nothing better in the world to my two year old.
We are sitting at a table off to one side of the buffet. Grammy gets up to go to the ice cream bar, located smack dab in the middle of the restaurant. Viewable from all angles. Libby follows.
At one point, as Grammy is dishing up ice cream, Libby is twirling around in circles with her shirt pulled up around her chest. All right; no harm, no foul. Pretty normal for Libby, always dancing or singing.
Not more than a minute later I look up and see my child, pants and panties around her ankles, bare baby butt sticking out for the whole world to see with a HUGE grin on her face.
The next fifteen seconds went like this: I screamed "Mom!" while simultaneously jumping up from the table and running toward Libby. I don't actually remember ever getting up from the table, I am just suddenly next to her. My mother meanwhile, has turned around, her jaw dropping as her face turns bright red. The ENTIRE restaurant explodes into laughter.
Somehow Grammy got to Libby first and managed to pull her pants up. Libby is laughing. My mom is laughing so hard she is doing a pee pee dance next to the ice cream while illiciting that wheezy old person tittering type laugh. (Not that you're old mom...it was the hilarity of the situation mixed with your asthma.) I am laughing so hard I'm crying. And the restaurant continues to laugh. I don't think the woman who had the front row seat stopped laughing until she got home. Wait...that's not true, she stopped when she heard that Libby was only 2 and potty trained, while her 3 1/2 year old grandson hasn't even expressed interest in the porcelain throne.
I think I laughed so hard I burned all the calories from my over-indulgent dinner. To save face, I just picked Libby up and rushed her to the bathroom, thinking maybe she pulled her pants down 'cuz she had to pee. She didn't. After leaving the restroom, she toured the restaurant, giving every person there a chance to giggle once more. And one old guy the opportunity to ask "Does she take after her mother?" The nerve of some people! ;-)
Quote of the night came from Andy: "I looked up and just saw cheeks! Then I realized it was Libby."
(Sorry, no pictures.)
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Doesn't matter how many times I hear it. This story has me peeing my pants and laughing every single time I hear it. : )
Post a Comment