It started with a text from Alec. Something along the lines of "Hey, what happened to updating the blog?" (I never did text...or call...you back, did I? My bad!)
But I knew I was way behind when my mother demanded to know why Sweet Little Life hadn't been updated...since December 7! (Sorry Mom!)
What can I say folks? The past three months have been busy, and something had to give. Apparently, the blog. And while we are still busy (has anyone met my three year old?!) I figured, with the help of some not so subtle hints, that it was time to sit down and pound out a post. After all, a lot has happened.
Here's a list of 'highlights', month by month.
- We made the official transition into the 'winter' season. (Something Minnesota didn't seem to realize, as it is only as of late that any snowfall has stuck around. No joke, I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to shovel this winter!)
- We visited Santa...twice. Missed getting those pictures up, didn't I? (Might have to revisit Christmas in March sometime.)
- Helen, the Magellan GPS Navigator, had some programming issues and instructed me to "leave the major roadway" and continue on for 194,449 miles. Not sure where she was taking me. Had to find my way to my destination on my own! (As a side note, Helen Magellan recently died...now we're GPS-less.)
- Christmas cookie extravaganza!
- Libby's dance class put on an adorable Christmas mini-program for all of the parents. The annoyingly catchy songs were stuck in our heads for days.
- Mama worked Christmas. As a reward, Santa fulfilled a childhood dream, meaning I got a dollhouse under the tree. I mean, Libby got a dollhouse under the tree.
- Happy New Year!
- "My Three Uncles" starring Libby and well, her three uncles, aired for a week shortly after New Year's. (Might need to revisit THAT one too!)
- Decided to drive my car off of a patch of ice and up and over the curb. Had to buy a new rim...and hub cap.
- Tires Plus "Courtesy Check" (which should be renamed: Our Commitment to Finding Something (Anything) Wrong With Your Car So You Have to Give Us $$$) discovered a whole slew of things way down deep in the underbelly of Crystal the Cobalt.
- Thanked my dad for making me buy the Extended Warranty...didn't have to pay to fix any of the things wrong with the car once it was at the dealership.
- Poured half a bottle of water on my beloved camera. Electrical system=shot. Needed a new camera.
- Libby's dance instructor informed us that she should be on the competition dance team. Dance Mom's won't have nothing on me!
- House was robbed. The police recommendation: get a dog. For now, we'll stick with our amazing neighbors, who heard it happening and called the police. Twice ('cuz she didn't think they were coming fast enough.) Now we need a new TV. Crisis averted: they didn't steal our passports.
- Flew to Orlando. Why yes DisneyWorld, we'd love to come for a visit.
- Started out the month on board the Disney Dream cruise liner in the middle of the Bahamas. May never vacation any other way. (Lots of belated posts coming on this one, I promise. Mostly because I want to pretend I'm back on our "hotel boat".)
- Came home to a clean (aka no-evidence of burglary...except the boarded shut door) house. Realized once again that I have the most amazing, selfless, loving, hardworking, fantabulistic (that is a word after you've been to Disney) parents EVER.
- Libby learned to write her name. Except sometimes she has trouble with the B's, so she occasionally goes by Lippy.
- Dentist appointments for mama AND Libby. She was mighty proud that the dentist told her that her teeth were beautiful.
- First snowman of the season!
- Mama worked (a lot) of overtime. We do need a new TV after all.
- Disney on Ice! Now I can say I've seen a horse on skates. It was pretty awesome...the horse AND the rest of the show.
Check back to find out more about some of the stories from the past few months...and some more current ones. I promise {X}, cross my heart and hope to die, stick a needle in my eye. Let the blogging continue!
love always, Kendra
0 comments:
Post a Comment