Friday, November 25, 2011

Holidazzle

"Merry Kiss-mas evy-body...Ho Ho Ho!"

I woke up this morning to Libby informing me "Mama, it's Kiss-mas-time now!" Which meant that much of our day was spent digging out Christmas decorations, singing holiday tunes, and overall getting in the Christmas spirit. With a little help from Poppy, the Christmas lights were hung. A tree was picked out and now sits, sans lights and decor, in the very middle of our living room.

It would have lights and ornaments on it, but we opted for a new (to us) holiday celebration.


Minneapolis' 20th Annual Holidazzle Parade.

My parents have lived in Minneapolis for at least the last eight Christmases...Libby and I for the last three...but none of us had ever been to the Holidazzle parade. We had talked about it, but never made it there. And tonight we changed that.


There may have been a TON of people there to see it with tonight's unseasonably warm weather but this parade didn't disappoint. From the fireworks at the beginning to Santa "flying" by at the end, the lights and music of the season entranced us as we watched from the side of Nicollet Mall. Although no one more than this girl...

...who at the end of the parade was quite insistent that it couldn't be over just yet. She wanted to see more.

Not that I can blame her. I kind of did too! Here's to next year and a new tradition. Maybe next year we can bring her uncles!

love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment