Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We Bruns girls are hopeful that each and every one of you had an amazing day filled with love and laughter, a second helping of turkey, and a little something special to hold close to and warm your heart as winter approaches.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. We're still a good sort of busy, taking advantage of the uncharacteristically mild weather Minnesota has been graced with as of late. I realized today that I have only taken about 5 pictures all month! (And for me that is crazy!)

Today I didn't do any better. While the camera got packed in Libby's "pack-pack" so it would make the trip to dinner with us, it never found it's way out. Today it seemed more apropos to be in on the action, enjoying time spent with loved ones, than to be off to the side snapping pictures of food and all of that other Thanksgiving goodness. (And there was some dang good food there...sweet potato struedel, balsamic glazed pears, and a pumpkin cheesecake that was to die for.) But I promise, you'll still get a picture at the end...just not from today!

While it may be a little cliche', I have this strong desire to share what I am thankful for this year. I think sometimes I don't take enough time to really appreciate all I have been blessed with. So here goes...

I am thankful for family who are the best of best friends and for the best friends who have become family.

I am thankful for my parents, who may not be perfect but are perfect for me and my brothers, who love us and their grandbaby to the ends of the universe and back, and who are always willing to lend a hand to help me out. I don't tell them thank you enough.

I am thankful for my brothers (and my honorary 'big' brother) who are the best brothers a girl could ever ask for, even if they're hundreds of miles away. And my sweet girl couldn't ask for better uncles; there is no doubt in my mind that she will ever lack in knowing 'fatherly' love.

I am thankful to have a career that I love, with coworkers I am proud to work with. It doesn't just allow me to provide for my child and myself...it gives me the opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child and its family.

I am thankful that I found that recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which might have made a last-minute appearance at Thanksgiving dinner tonight. They kind of stole the show. (Okay, that might have been a little more superficial, but it's the truth.)

I am thankful for this life I am living...it's not perfect but it is wonderful. It is filled with good health and love and creativity and so much more.

But beyond all else, I am thankful for my little girl and her unconditional love. We make a pretty awesome team. She makes me smile and laugh every day and there are few things in this life that are any better than that. There are no words to describe how grateful I am to be her mama.

Happy Turkey Day from me and my little turkey!

love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment