Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Because We Are Tres, Tres Fancy Girls

Have you had a chance to read this book yet?
If you were to ask Libby (and probably either one of her Great-Aunt Nancy's) she would inform you that it is a wonderful book. Well, a wonderful series actually. Because there's Fancy Nancy's Christmas...and alphabet...and posh puppy...and quite a few other books starring that precocious and fancy girl named Nancy.

A girl that my daughter seems to take after a little more than I would like.

In the spirit of Fancy Nancy, Libby and I had a "formal" dinner last week. This mama whipped up some of Libby's favorite "fancier" foods (which consisted of ham--glazed with an apricot mustard sauce for the grown-up's palate, cheesy green bean casserole, and escalloped corn) for a meal fit for a princess.
Libby was quite impressed by how "fancy" the table looked. I think the candles did it for her. Although, I guess there's something to be said about penguin place mats to help make a table look fancier. They are definitely dressed appropriately in their "penguin suits." (Hahaha...I am finding myself quite clever right now!)

To add a little more flair to our Fancy Nancy-inspired dinner, I came downstairs just before the meal decked out in an old bridesmaids dress (unfortunately the only one that zips is the maternity dress I was once forced to wear) and high heals. The look on Libby's face was one of pure awe and delight. Definitely scored points in the "Best Mom" book for that one. She quickly followed suit, dawning her Annie dress (she had to wear red too) and fancy black shoes. Then we raided Libby's jewelry box and accessories our fancy outfits with an assortment of jewelry...necklaces and bracelets and rings.
What can I say? We are tres, tres fancy girls.

The dinner was delightful. Libby actually ate most of what was put on her plate AND sat at the table for most of the meal. That is an accomplishment around here! It was followed by celebratory ice cream and a fancy bubble bath for a fancy little girl.

Oh the things you do for your kids.

love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment