Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy (Belated) Halloween

Halloween night, as we ventured through the neighborhood Trick-or-Treating, Libby loudly declared "This is my favorite holiday!" I couldn't help but giggle, considering the girl has been obsessing over Christmas for awhile now.

We made the rounds through our neighborhood and Grammy and Poppy's, Libby dressed as Doc McStuffins and I as her nurse. (Now, for those fellow toddler mama's who know about Doc McStuffins and her nurse Hallie, I will say, I wasn't wearing a striped dress or cap or glasses. Mama went out in her "normal" nurses garb, so really not in costume at all!) Everyone was able to identify Libby as a doctor...but only one house saw her at the door and excitedly exclaimed "Look, it's Doc McStuffins!" But for the record, the kids at that house (and the mom) thought it was super cool.

Girl makes a good looking little doctor.

Meet Doc Libby. Ready to tend wounds and auscultate heart beats the world over.

A few pictures from our Halloween adventures.
She thought that scarecrow was SO cute. Until the kid popped out from behind it!
Trick or Treating at Grammy and Poppy's.
It reads "A {mummy} and her {princess} live here." Pretty clever, if I do say so myself.
As I've sat writing this post, I have just come to the realization that in 25 years or so, this scenario in this picture is completely possible. Libby as a "real" doctor and her mom, the nurse. My own child, writing orders and being the "boss" of me?! Wowza...what a crazy thought! Although if we're completely honest, we all know who the real bosses of a hospital are.
I love her so much though, I wouldn't mind. She's smart enough to do it.
Happy (belated) Halloween from the health care happy Bruns girls, who just happened to catch the stomach flu the very next day. We're still recovering.

love always,
Nurse Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment