Tuesday, September 4, 2012

School Days


It's that time of year. Near and far, kids of all ages are packing up their "pack pack's" and heading back to school.
Had a creative moment and made a wreath to grace the occasion. I think it's pretty cute.
My sweet baby girl joined the group this year. It's a little bittersweet, and mama is still working on processing all of the emotions. Four years ago today I was still heavily pregnant, awaiting the arrival of my precious girl. It seems like it was yesterday.

And yet here we are.
Oohh...see what a roll I'm on? The vase is filled with alphabet magnets...another stroke of creative genius. I'm totally loving it.
In four short years, she has grown from a six pound 5 ounce miracle into a beautiful, smart, precocious little girl. It breaks my heart and makes me beam with pride. Where does the time go? How did I get so lucky? I want to keep her little, but I am so excited to see the person she grows to be.

She was more than ready. She's been waiting weeks and weeks for "Set-em-ber" to roll around. Last night she picked out her outfit before bed. This morning, she was up and ready with an hour to spare. Having to stop and take First Day of School pictures was the last thing she wanted. And when we walked into Classroom 11 she was in her element. Little Bits is a preschooler now. And she couldn't be more thrilled.
She looks like such a big girl here...until you notice that her shoes are on the wrong feet.
Mama...well, it might take mama some time to be as thrilled as her little girl. Together, we'll get there.

love always, Kendra

0 comments:

Post a Comment