...does one accomplish over 12 hours (yeah, you read that right) at the Minnesota State Fair?
Well, let's see.
8:32 a.m.- Board a bus bound for Minnesota's greatest get together (People who know me well may do a double-take when they what time this happened at. I'm not a good morning person. Libby was up and ready to go at 7...this was as long as I could hold her off.) Pretty sure we may have been the only people under 50 on that bus.
9:18 a.m.- Arrive (Dang rush hour traffic! Yay buses that can drive on the shoulder!)
9:29 a.m.- First baby animal encounter at the CHS Miracle of Birth barn. (Hey Holly, if you did decide to brave the Fair and went into labor, you could always deliver Maxwell here. Talk about the coolest birthing story EVER!) These super sweet goats couldn't wait for the Fair to start...they were born late Wednesday night so they could enjoy the WHOLE thing.
9:46 a.m.- Breakfast courtesy of Tom Thumb!
10:02 a.m.- Libby on the first of what is sure to be many carousel rides of the fair "season".
11:00 a.m.- A personal favorite: the Timberworks Lumberjack Show! Oh how I love me a good lumberjack...and a place to sit for awhile.
11:47 a.m.- Libby turns into a Little Farm Hand.
12:46 p.m.- I used to call this stuff cob on the corn when I was little. Whatever you call it, it's dang good! A must-have EVERY year at the fair.
1:37 p.m.- A sweet treat for my cotton candy loving girl. (Such a mean mama...I made her eat lunch before she could get it.)
2:14 p.m.- Every year, I forget about the daily parade and every year, we somehow manage to be RIGHT there when it goes by.
3:28 p.m.- Picture time with Baby BooBoo from Doggies of the Wild West.
3:42 p.m. Spend 10 minutes trying to talk Libby into an aerial view aboard the Sky Ride. She screamed, she cried, and in the end she got her way...NO sky riding for mama.
4:52 p.m. Surprisingly, I was vetoed on my plan to get Libby all FairDo'd up earlier in the day. (Seriously, how could my princess not want pink glittery hair and a crown? I was shocked!) Instead, we opt for a little face paint.
6:23 p.m.- Alphabet Forest...she found and arranged the letters all by herself.
7:09 p.m.- Trying her hand at a little fishing. (That's right...fishing...at the fair.)
7:49 p.m.- An unexpected meet-and-greet with the St. Paul K-9 Unit
8:53 p.m.- Spin baby spin!
9:18 p.m.- Board the bus headed for home (just in time too...torrential downpour just ahead!)
9:30 p.m.- Lights out. I guess this is what 12 hours of fair goodness does to an almost 4 year old.
And there you have it folks! An example of just what you can accomplish over 12 hours at the Minnesota State Fair. Did we get everything done that we'd set out to do? NO! Did we eat everything we wanted? NO! Did we use up all of our ride tickets? NO! And that means...it's back to the Fair we go! In the words of a girl named Libby: "Whoo-hoo!"
love always, Kendra
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
As fun as you make it look, this mama's Fred Flinstone's are staying put somewhere cool and air conditioned. Next year, we will join you on a fair adventure. Rather than risk giving birth at the Miracle Birth Barn, I'll take my chances at the Junk Bonanza in a couple of weeks. You may not be a L&D nurse, but all bets are on you my dear!
Post a Comment