I know I say this a lot, but it was a busy week. Another 4 day work week for me where I just felt like I was always on the go, whether it be to meetings, or gymnastics, or errand running, or out to lunch. (Libby and I splurged on Tuesday post-gymnastics. She asked if we could go have "Chi-niece yood"...Chinese food...and I didn't have the heart to say no to something that cute!) We recuperated yesterday by going shopping!
Then today, we woke up to this:
It melted pretty quickly, but really NOT what anyone wants to wake up to in the middle of APRIL!!! On the bright side, the snow did give me an excuse stay inside and get some things checked off of my very, very, very long To Do List. Libby doesn't understand when I tell her we can't go out because mama has chores. She does understand that we can't go out because it snowed. And where is it she asks daily to go now that Spring has sprung?
The park of course!
She was oh so delighted when I asked her the other morning if she wanted to go to the park. You'd have thought it was Christmas morning. She was dressed and at the door before I even got my teeth brushed telling me every 30 seconds..."Yibby go to pock now. Mama go too. Yibby go pock."
Monday, we discovered Sunset Park, a quiet little park on Crystal Lake that has Libby's favorite things: a swing, rings, and slides (four of them!) I have seen it a few times from the parks on the north and south sides of the lake and the road, but I've never been able to find it. But on Monday, we finally stumbled upon it. (I'm thinking this is going to be our blanket spot for the Whiz Bang Days fireworks show!)
We stayed for a good hour before I finally had to carry her kicking and screaming to the car. She was having too much fun to realize it was lunch time, but food is not something this mama forgets! She finally relented to going home with the promise that we would be back, not that Mother Nature wants to cooperate. She better kick it into gear and bring back the sunshine, because I'm running out of excuses to tell Libby why we can't go play at the park. Anytime we get in the car she is now on a constant lookout for playground equipment. Once spotted, she yells out "Go der Mama, go der!" I had no idea we lived near so many parks until she started pointing them all out!
Here's keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow is sunny, wind-free, and warm! We gotta get back to the park!
love always,
Kendra
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment